The Youth Filmmakers Showcase (YFS) brings together the best film and video made by youth from across British Columbia. Are you a filmmaker or aspiring filmmaker? This is your chance to show us what you can do with a camera, your imagination and maybe a little help from your friends.
Submissions are now closed for 2013. The 5th Annual YFS program can be viewed on our 2013 site.
You can upload your submissions to your YouTube account right now and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your film is selected as a finalist, it will be showcased on the big screen during the festival, and will be eligible to win great prizes!
R2R selects all finalists for the YFS. A jury of film industry professionals will deliberate on the finalists and award prizes accordingly. Prizes will be awarded in the following categories: Best Lighting and/or Sound, Best Acting, Best Original Screenplay, Best Direction, Best Picture and Audience Award.
- YFS is open to filmmakers who are, as of September 1, 2012, 19 years of age and under, or are attending either Elementary or High School as a student (grades 1-12).
- Entrants must be residents of British Columbia
- Individual and group entries will be considered. Adult participation must be limited to a supervisory or actor role
- Submission must not have been selected previously as part of the Youth Filmmakers Showcase or Reel 2 Real
- Any film or video format may be used in production. However, accepted entries must be submitted on DVD. The DVD copy must be a final screening version of the submission. The DVD must not contained menus
- Running time must not exceed 7 minutes
- R2R encourages the use of original music. If selected as a finalist, the filmmaker(s) will need to obtain the rights to use that music.
- The Entry Form (below) must be signed and mailed to our office, and postmarked no later than January 25, 2013
- Upload your film to YouTube by January 31, 2013 at 5pm PST.
View the Video Gallery of previous winners here.