The Youth Filmmakers Showcase (YFS) brings together the best film and video made by youth from across British Columbia. Are you a filmmaker or aspiring filmmaker? This is your chance to show us what you can do with a camera, your imagination and maybe a little help from your friends.
Simply upload your film to your YouTube account, and send the link to email@example.com. If selected as a finalist, your film will be showcased on the big screen during the festival, and will be eligible to win great prizes!
A jury of film industry professionals will deliberate on the finalists and award prizes accordingly. Prizes will be awarded in the following categories: Best Lighting and/or Sound, Best Acting, Best Original Screenplay, Best Direction, Best Picture and Audience Award.
- YFS is open to filmmakers who are, as of September 1, 2013, 19 years of age and under, or are attending either Elementary or High School as a student (grades 1-12).
- Entrants must be residents of British Columbia.
- Individual and group entries will be considered. Adult participation must be limited to a supervisory or actor role.
- Submission must not have been selected previously as part of the Youth Filmmakers Showcase or the R2R Film Festival.
- Any film or video format may be used in production. However, accepted entries must be submitted on DVD. The DVD copy must be a final screening version of the submission. The DVD must not contain menus.
- Running time must not exceed 7 minutes.
- R2R encourages the use of original music. If selected as a finalist, the filmmaker(s) will need to obtain the rights to use that music.
- The Entry Form must be signed and mailed to our office, postmarked no later than January 24, 2014
- Upload your film to YouTube by January 29, 2014 at 5pm PST.